The newly reconstituted Portal Dev team had it’s first meeting May 15, 2017.
The West Coast RPB recommendations provide a new set of tasks to focus the energy of the working group.
A big thank you to all who attended: Andy Lanier, Craig Risien, Kate Sullivan, Emilio Mayorga, Steve Steinberg, Tanya Haddad
High level summary of issues discussed:
- GitHub review of high priority items:
- We need to make sure current priorities and issues are reflected above
- We will also explore external advances in the Marine Planner code base that have happened since we first implemented, and decide what upgrades and issue fixes will fit within our available budget.
- Expansion of taxonomy for faceted search:
- Original Taxonomy: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLolaJ73xXt3HejUpQCF-8yERsDQ9LZfrV_A4nxQpJo/edit#gid=8
- this work to be informed by Portal sub-regional teams
- driven by desire for sub-regional skins to access content
- Explore new connections to catalogs, particularly Data Basin for California wind: https://caoffshorewind.databasin.org