The IT, Data, and Outreach working groups all conducted their monthly calls during the last week of April.
The West Coast RPB recommendations provide a new set of tasks to focus the energy of the working groups. However, with the recent departure of the Portal coordinator, there has also been a bit of re-grouping.
The current working group leads are:
- IT Working Group: Tanya Haddad, Oregon Coastal Management Program
- Data Working Group: Jennifer Patterson, CenCOOS
- Outreach Working Group: Sara Guiltinan, BOEM
A big thank you to our working group leads for stepping up to help with the RPB and on-going working group coordination tasks.
Following is a summary of the current activities of the working groups as discussed in the April meetings:
IT Working Group:
- Assist with scoping of technical connections to three top priority data catalogs
- Washington Marine Spatial Planning Data Catalog
- NOAA, FRAM Data Warehouse
- NOAA, NCCOS Data Catalog
- Evaluate and recommend infrastructure/platform options for hosting RPB regional stories
Data Working Group:
- Prioritize data from three top priority data catalogs
- Establish list of data in WCODP that can support RPB regional stories
Outreach Working Group:
- Outline RPB regional ocean stories
- Review other portals examples or regional ocean stories (NROC, MARCO)
- Contribute to list of key data sets for these regional stories