The IT Working Group met today and discussed priority Portal enhancements as well as platforms for sharing technical resources and best practices. The User Feedback Surveys were used to develop our prioritized list. These recommendations will be used to make improvements to the Portal and make training materials available to the Network within the next couple months. You can read the full call notes here.
Priority Portal Enhancements:
- Implementing link type filtering in UI
- Improving Portal display of ISO-2 records
- Improvements to the Categories hierarchy
- Developing better support for WMS services, including GetFeatureInfo
- Developing a help page or tutorial to address layer loading issues and debris layer filtering
- Networking Tools
Improvements to make the member profile page the default
Training Resource Recommendation:
- Investigate ability to build out WordPress pages for easy searching and contributor additions to training resources
If you have questions or suggestions, please leave a comment below.